What is a cookie?
A cookie, also known as a HTTP cookie, a web cookie or a browser cookie, is usually a small text file sent from a Website and stored in the user's web browser on the device of the user while a user is browsing on a Website. When the user in the future surfs on the same Website, the data stored in that cookie can be retrieved by the Websites in order to notify the Websites of the last activity of that user. Cookies were designed as a reliable mechanism for Websites to remember the status of the Websites or the previous user activity of a certain user. They help us to optimize your visit to the Websites and Platform, to remember technical choices (e.g. choice of language, newsletter, etc.) and to offer more relevant services and offers. If you wish to consult the Websites, Plastivan encourages you to enable cookies. However, if you choose to not do this, you are always free to disable the cookies.
Our websites uses different types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: As the name suggests, these cookies are strictly necessary to enable you to surf the Websites, resp. use the Platform or to provide certain functions you requested.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies improve the functionality of the Websites and the Platform by remembering your preferences. For example, you can set up your profile on the homepage.
List of the cookies the Websites use
The table below lists the cookies that Plastivan, where appropriate, collects and the information such cookies save.
- PHPSESSID: preserves user session state across page requests;
- _CFDUID : The Cloudfare cookie overwrites the security status based on the IP address.
- on www.plastivan.com: BOAsoft356lang: preserves the language chosen by a visitor.
- on www.duofuse.com: BOAsoft200lang: preserves the language chosen by a visitor.
- on www.durasid.com: BOAsoft214lang: preserves the language chosen by a visitor.
- on www.viligno.com: BOAsoft175lang: preserves the language chosen by a visitor.
- resolution: preserves the resolution of your screen to optimize image sizes and increase site performance
- cookieconsent_status: preserves your cookie consent
- _GA: used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website;
- _GAT: used to throttle request rate;
- _GID: used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website;
- COLLECT: used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behavior.
There are a few possibilities to avoid the storage of cookies. Please visit the websites of the different browsers to learn how you can block the storage of cookies. Please realize that cookies really can have an added value to your surfing experience on the web.